Halloween is just around the corner, and as we know it, no celebration would be complete without a good ol’ Halloween party spent with your family, co-workers, classmates, or friends. You’re your creativity would limit the kind of costume you would choose for this special event. There are literally hundreds of concepts to choose from and each of these can only be executed well with the right kinds of accessories. Let’s take a look at the Top 10 Halloween accessories for 2011.
1. A lace petticoat is perfect for a wide range of costumes—fairy, princess, queen, and anything that involves a long, fluffy gown—instantly transforming a drab gown into a perfect frock fit for royalty.
2. Mad hatter hat – Jumping off from the Mad Hatter character popularized by Johnny Depp, this accessory can add an instant touch of whimsy vibe that instantly spells f-u-n! In fact, you don’t need to wear the entire costume, a colourful hat like this can already pass off as a costume in itself.
3. Cat mask- Now this is a very simple accessory that also goes well with a variety of costumes. No time to buy or prepare a costume? No problem! Simply whip out a colorful or sparkly mask and there you go! Instant costume!
4. Angel wings-These go just about well with everything. Similar to a funky hat or a mysterious mask, a pair of ethereal wings can instantly transport you to Halloween land! Don’t forget to add the halo!
6. Grecian sandals- Regardless of whether you are coming in as a gladiator, a Grecian god, or an Egyptian deity, this pair of sandals can help you work the look, especially if they look really authentic and expensive.
7. Vampire contact lenses-These are perfect for those who like to go for darker concepts, such as witches, vampires, goths ,and other dark and mysterious creatures.
8. Venetian mask-These are fancier versions of the simple Halloween masks. They go well with a royalty-inspired theme, bringing out an opulent vibe if you are into that kind of look.
9. Lace Mustache–This is funny, quirky, and guaranteed to be a conversation starter in any party. Tired of the usual concepts? Then go with a lace mustache.
10. Cape and Wand-Finally, for all the Harry Potter fanatics, a cape and a wand guarantees you a ticket bound for Hogwarts! Throw in a crooked pair of black-rimmed glasses and you’re all set!
With these wonderful choices, you can now slip into your favourite character and enjoy this year’s round of Halloween parties!