Summer is on it’s way, and that means it’s time to shop for new patio furniture. Outdoor tables and chairs take a lot of wear and tear due to weather. But buying patio furniture shouldn’t be done impulsively. It pays to take a bit of time and find just the right outdoor chairs for your space. Ask yourself these five questions before you start shopping:
1. How is the patio furniture going to be used? If you have a pool, you’ll want chaise lounge style outdoor chairs. But if you’ve got a back garden where you barbecue, probably an outdoor table and upright chairs are more practical.
2. Who will be using the furniture? How big is your family and how often will you entertain guests? If you enjoy entertaining in the back yard, make sure you have enough outdoor chairs and a few side tables to accommodate extra guests.
3. Where will the furniture be placed? Do you have the space for an outdoor table for eight or just for four? Make sure that you measure the space where the furniture will be placed before you buy.
4. What is your personal style? Do you like glass patio furniture? Or do you prefer something colorful and decorative? What color patio umbrella will look best against your home?
5. Are there special considerations to account for before buying? Do you have a covered patio or will your furniture be subject to sun and rain? Do you want a patio umbrella to help extend the life of your outdoor table?
These things are important to consider when making a patio furniture purchase. There are many specialized outdoor chair and table options out there and an almost infinite number of styles. Consider what you need before you start shopping and you’ll get the right set of patio furniture when you do make your purchase